- More organs of better quality available
- Rapid recovery after transplantation
Benefit for Transplant units and Clinicians
No modifications in organ retrieval
- Standard organ procurement
- Standard organ transport
Transport of equipment not neccessary
- Perfusion during recipient hepatectomy
More organs for transplantation
- Steatotic liver grafts
- DCD liver grafts (donated after cardiac death)
No risk of additional liver injury due to perfusion failure
- In case of technical failure of perfusion system, no risk of additional injury appears, since the perfusion temperature is comparable to standard cold organ storage.
No delay of the transplantation procedure
- Easy connection of liver (only portal vein) and ECOPS perfusion machine using the organ assist disposable.
- Only 1-2hours perfusion during recipient hepatectomy is sufficient to repair the liver
Mitochondrial activity assessment during hypotherm machine perfusion
- Carbon dioxide concentration in the perfusate can predict perfusation duration (maximum 2h required).
- Efficient recovery of patients with reduced number of post-operative complications Shorter ICU and Hospital stay